Wednesday 20 January 2016

Spotlight on talent in Lanzarote: Photographer and Filmmaker Siboney Tabares King

1. How long have you been taking photos and making videos and what first made you interested in them? 

I have been taking photos since I got my first camera when I was about 10! I have always loved the way you can capture one moment of your life and have it forever.


 

2. What makes Lanzarote a good location for those interested in photography/film-making?

 

Lanzarote is a great location for photographing/filming; we have so many different places to photograph! I think that is what makes lanzarote special: you can either photograph a sunny white sand beach, or a not-so-normal black sand beach, or even an out of this world lava field! We have an awesome sky for night time photography too!

La carretera de los sueños.

 

3. Where is your favourite part of Lanzarote for photos/videos?

 

 I love the cliff of  Famara and also Los Hervideros.


Nubes en Famara [Explored]

 

4. Which photo or video that you've made are you most proud of and why? 

 

Well, I think one of my favourite videos is, of course ¨The Unseen Lanzarote¨!





I also love all of my light painting photographs, especially the ones inside caves, like this one:


¿Ángel o Demonio?

 

5. After the success of your amazing video "The Unseen Lanzarote" what have you got planned for 2016?



 I plan ¨The Unseen, part two¨ and also a night time lapse video of the stars!




We would like to say a big thanks to Sibo for taking the time to answer our questions, and for sharing with us his amazing videos and photographs. As you can probably tell Lanzarote is an incredible place to visit or live if you are a photographer or filmmaker.

If you would like to find out more about Sibo's work then make sure to check out his brand new website: sibotk.com/

Also make sure to follow him on social media to keep up to date with all his new content:
In the future we plan to interview other talented photographers, filmmakers, artists, musicians etc. from Lanzarote in order to highlight the amazing talent that exists on this tiny but incredible island! If you are interested in being featured on our blog or know of anyone who should then leave a comment below or contact via Facebook or Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment